Re: KDE dies after login with KDM

On Thu, Nov 23, 2006 at 17:24:28 +0100, Rainer Dorsch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since a few days, I see my KDE session dying immediately after login from KDM
> on my etch system.
>
> I can start KDE from the console with startx without any issues.
>

> I checked /var/log/kdm and ~/.xsession-errors
>
> Nothing really meaningful in there.
>
> Are there other files I could check?

What do you mean by "dying immediately"? After you log in, do you see
the KDE splash screen or does KDM crash before that? What happens after
it dies, are you returned to the graphical log-in screen or are you
dropped to a terminal? Is ~/.xsession-errors completely empty after this
happens or not?

--
Regards,
          Florian