Re: KDE (not GNOME) upon installation

Ok I start again with all the alternatives and I'll use character
install to be sure that the problem is not related to the new graphic
installer.
I'll use an Etch netinstall dayly build of 4 Nov 2006.

cobaco (aka Bart Cornelis) wrote:
> On Thursday 09 November 2006 11:52, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
>
>> Ratiu Petru wrote:

>>> Just add "tasksel/kde-desktop" to the installer command-line and it
>>> will pull kdm and kde.
>>>
>> This seems not to work.
>>

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/09/msg01084.html
> says it's tasksel/first=kde-desktop

trying "expert tasksel/first=kde-desktop"  **FAILURE**
    tasksel starts without asking a question (it is not possible to
select packages)
    it installs gnome
    at the login screen the alternatives for sessions are: gome,
metacity, twm

> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/10/msg01561.html
> says 'tasksel install kde-desktop' should also work (on an installed system)

Trying "expert tasksel install kde-desktop" on the system installed in
the previous step **FAILURE**
    During install appears an error screen saying "Impossible to install
initramfs-tools" see /var/log/syslog
    in the syslog file there is the error generated by apt-install:
       errors occurred processing:
          console-tools
          console-common
       E:
       Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
       error: exiting on error base-installer/kernel/filed-package-install

Well what else I can try?

Regards
    Mirto

Mirto Silvio Busico 		ICT Consultant