Re: noatun and kaboodle config

> Thanks Modestas,
> I already know about the virtues of Kaffeine and I use if for serious video
> work. I like kaboodle because it's quick and simple. Also it is always good
> to know as much about your DM, in this case KDE as possible. I assume the
> answer is buried somewhere in the kdemultimedia package but it's kept well
> hidden. Since not every graphics card has the ability to use the xv driver
> there must be some way of telling kde which driver to use. If this is the
> case, then it would be nice to know how to do it.
> Cheers,
> Jonathan

  If you want something fast I recommend codeine, which is quite fast and
comfortable.

  I think all modern media players use either xine or mplayer backends, so
what you have to configure is not kde, but the interaction between the player
and the backend. I don't know where you can find this info into kaboodle or
noatun, but kaffeine or kmplayer have it quite accesible.

  One piece of advise: if you want to play internet streams, use kmplayer with
mplayer backend.

--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----