Re: KDE (not GNOME) upon installation

On Thursday 09 November 2006 12:45, Mirto Silvio Busico wrote:
> Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Thursday 09 November 2006 10:19, Eftaxiopoulos Dimitrios wrote:
> >> Is there any way to install KDE (not GNOME which is the default) as the
> >> desktop environment, straight ahead during the installation process of
> >> etch? Can one pick individual packages "kde" and "kdm", instead of
> >> choosing the desktop environment? In other words, can one one end up in
> >> kdm and KDE straight after the completion of the installation?
> >
> > Aren't both desktops installed by default and one can start KDE by
> > selecting the respective option in GDM?
>
> No only gnome is installed

Weird, maybe the person who does the tasks (tasksel maintainer?) forgot to add
the KDE task

> > If the desktop task installs only one desktop environment it needs to be
> > selectable, otherwise it's a bug.
>
> It is not selectable.
> Mybe it is a bug. I hope not a feature :-)

It depends how the task is labelled. If it is a desktop task it is a bug, if
it is a GNOME desktop task, it is correct. In this case the actual bug might
be a missing KDE desktop task

> Who have to be notified?

My guess would be the taskel package maintainer or the maintainer of the
installer.

Cheers,
Kevin