Re: kmail deposits attachments in /tmp....

On Wednesday 25 October 2006 03:21, Greg Madden wrote:
> I just discovered that kmail stores attachments in /tmp/kde-user/.. I
> filter my clients mails to the appropriate client folder but the
> attachment goes to /tmp. I a guessing here but if I reboot my box /tmp
> is emptied, no more attachments. This is completely unacceptable to have
> attachments in /tmp being deleted. What is the logic behind attachments
> in /tmp and how can I archive my emails + attachments together without
> jumping through a bunch of @#$#@@ !
>
> I know theere is no warranty for gpl software for any particular use but
> this is absurd.

Strange. My attachments stay in the respective mails, no matter what folder I
move them to. If I view them, then they're temporarily detatched
to /tmp/kde-user/...

What version of KDE/Kmail are you using?

Kind regards,

Jan

--
Nature always sides with the hidden flaw.