Re: Kdesu has forgotten root password

John O'Hagan schrieb:
On Saturday 14 October 2006 19:14, John O'Hagan wrote:
This one has me stumped: in the middle of a session, kdesu stopped
accepting my password, saying it was incorrect. So now I can't run adept,
root Konsole or Konqueror etc, as easily as I'd like!
A bit of extra info: kdesud is part of kdelibs4c2a which was upgraded in testing today, so I guess that's where the problem lies.
Hi John,

caught myself the problem today. Other people reported it a few days ago when kdebase-bin was updated:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kde/2006/10/msg00041.html

Replacing the kdesu binary (3.5.4-2+b1) with an old one from kdebase-bin 3.3.2-1sarge3 solved it on my system.

Marc