Re: Setting editor used for "View Document Source"

On Wednesday 11 October 2006 21:05, Alejandro Exojo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 11 de Octubre de 2006 19:39, Michael Schuerig escribió:
> > I have freshly installed Debian and KDE on a new machine. There,
> > when I select View Document Source in Konqueror to look at the HTML
> > of a web page it is opened in Kate. Now while I like Kate, it is a
> > bit too heavy for this task and I'd prefer KWrite to open instead.
> > Indeed, that is what happens on another machine. Unfortunately, I
> > can't seem to find where to set the editor used in this case. Even
> > searching through the config files I was unable to find anything.
> >
> > Presumably it is pretty obvious...
>
> Have you tried changing in the control center the file associations?

Which ones? There are so many of them. Seriously, though, yes, I have
added KWrite as an application used for opening text/html. Kate is not
in that list. It didn't have the desired effect and, anyway, on the
other machine, where KWrite is used by View Document Source, neither of
the two apps is included in the list for text/html.

Sigh, I hope I won't have to figure it out from the source code.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de