Re: Plugins and visualisations

Han wrote, On 2006-10-05 17:42:
Hi

I would like to know where i can find plugins and Visualisation for
Noatun, XMMS and Amarok i would like to be able to play WMA, MP3, OGG
and ACC audio and as much Video as possible i tried using XMMS but i
does not support WMA

Please if you can State which is the best from your experiences.

I know that you are looking for WMA support, but one of the reasons I stuck with XMMS was its real-time priority support, and combined with my SoundBlaster Live! 5.1 SB0220 (EMU10K1) sound card and the MIDI plugin which can be built easily from sources at:

http://www.develia.org/projects.php?p=amidiplug

I can get MIDI files playing without skipping under heavy load.

I use also have mplayer and realplayer installed.

This is for old hardware (PII-266) with unaccelerated video (Cirrus Logic 5446) where real-time video playback is not possible.

PS, I note that there is an xmms-wma package in Testing. It has just been installed here and appears to work.

There are several xmms plugins listed if you check in aptitude or other package managers for packages that depend on xmms, and probably others listed at http://www.xmms.org

Regards...