Re: RANT about fonts with KDE Updates

El Sábado, 9 de Septiembre de 2006 11:02, Andy Parkins escribió:
> In that case your X server DPI is probably wrong.  Try removing the forced
> DPI override in /etc/kde3/kdmrc, and X will have a go at reading your
> monitor size from the monitor.  If it can't you can always set it manually
> with the "DisplaySize" option in /etc/X11/xorg.conf's "Monitor" section.
>
> It's a bit of hassle to set up, but I really recommend putting the effort
> in.
>
> KDE is the only desktop that seems to respect DPI size, GNOME has taken the
> crazy MS route of saying all displays are 96dpi.  The advantage is that you
> can use the same KDE settings on different computers, and always have the
> fonts come out at a comfortable size for you.

Well, it seems that this will be selectable soon:
http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-core-devel&m=115651723700985&w=2

I personally don't understand this whole story, but since my fonts seem ok, I
decided not to touch anything. :-)

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net