Re: How to remove subcomponents of KDE?

El Domingo, 3 de Septiembre de 2006 02:31, Ryo Furue escribió:
> | 1. Start aptitude.
> | 2. Select the package "kde".
> | 3. Navigate through it (press enter), and mark as _manually_
> | installed (press lowercase "m"), all the packages you really
> | want. That could be all the packages, except kde-amusements.
(...)
> Anyway, does this mean that there's no easy way to remove
> only the "amusements" part of KDE?

Yes, do exactly what you quoted from my message. I'm not talking about
hundreds of packages, just the 12 in the "kde" metapackage (all except
kde-amusements).

> Basically, what I need
> is to tell aptitude that "I know `kde' depends on `kde-amusements',
> but please remove it and its dependencies and please ignore
> the unmet dependency in `kde'". . .

That could be possible, if kde used recommends instead of depends, but AFAIK,
apt-get doesn't understand recommendations yet.

--
Alex (a.k.a. suy) - GPG ID 0x0B8B0BC2
http://barnacity.net/ - Jabber ID: suy@bulmalug.net