Problems with Konqueror

Hi! My name is Rodrigo and I would like know if to report what I think
it's a bug.

I mantain several machines using Debian etch, all of them uses NIS to
'have' their hosts-file.

The thing is that when I put an URL with the intranet server
('mainserver') in konqueror, the browser last *several* seconds to
come with the page. First it says "Looking for 'mainserver'" for
seconds, the "waiting for reply" for another few, and then the it
loads the page. The server it's just a few meters far.

But if I use firefox, it loads it almost instantly.

Is this a bug or just misconfigured machines?
Any idea how can I fix it? I like Konqueror too much...

Thanks in advance,

Rodrigo