Re: Files and directories to preserve across upgrade

Le lun 21 août 2006 21:03, Ross Boylan a écrit :
> I upgraded one machine from KDE 3.5.3 to 3.5.4 and discovered that
> some of my defaults got lost.  In particular, my fonts both in and
> outside of KDE became terrible (that is, non KDE apps running under
> KDE, such as firefox). The list archives suggested setting use
> anti-aliasing to true (which it already was) and set hinting style to
> full (it was medium). Setting hinting to full seemed to help a lot.

the font issue is a known problem, induced by KDE 3.5.3, so you are
already bitten, even if you didn't knew it. users that do not had 3.5.3
installed should not have that problem.

the solution has been posted by John Schmidt already: go in the kcontrol
panel, disable AA, apply, re-enable AA, save and exit, all will be fine
again.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit