Re: moving konqueror's bookmarks.xml to a new system

On Sun, 6 Aug 2006 15:46:15 -0400,
"D. Michael McIntyre" <rosegarden.trumpeter@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> It's perplexing me too.  Try this:

> cd ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror/ touch bookmarks.xml touch foo

> Here's how it's supposed to look:

> me@here:~$ cd ~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror
> me@here:~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror$ touch bookmarks.xml
> me@here:~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror$ touch foo
> me@here:~/.kde/share/apps/konqueror$

> Basically nothing visible should happen, in other words.  If you pass
> this test, then this isn't where your permission problem is, or you
> don't have a permission problem after all.

Yes, nothing strange happening there.  Konqueror kept refusing to modify
add or delete bookmarks.  I gave up and obliterated the ~/.kde folder,
after all there was not much to lose in the freshly installed system.  My
problem remains though as to how to get my previous bookmarks back.  I
can't believe how complicated this turned out to be.  Not quite sure what
to do now, but will report back if I find some solution.

Thanks a lot for your help so far,

--
Seb