Re: New KDE (3.5.4) will break mouting of removeable devices

Am Samstag, 5. August 2006 12:15 schrieb Michael Biebl:
Hi,

> > Is there any possibility force a hald reload to read the changes without
> > restarting dbus, because restarting dbus seems to kill kded. It can be
> > restarted again, but there must be a cleaner way...
>
> A "/etc/init.d/dbus force-reload" should be sufficient.

I already tried this without success. Kde is still not ablte to mount an
USB-stick. On another computer this was successful only after restarting
dbus, which kills kded... Sending a HUP signal does not help, either. It
kills hald. Now I know why windows needs so many reboots ;)

regards,
Jörg