Re: gtk apps lost antialiasing settings after upgrade

On Sat, Jul 15, 2006 at 14:26:01 +1000, Vic Koci wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> This morning i did an upgrade, (not a dist-upgrade), etch 3.5.3 and now
> i find myself having the same problem. The missing fonts in Firefox is
> really annoying, having to run the mouse over or highlight the missing
> text to be able to read it.

There is a known bug in libcairo2 (both Etch and Sid):

It seems that the problem manifests itself only for non-anti-aliased
fonts. I have "use anti-aliased fonts" and "hinting style full" in my
KDE Control Center font settings, and I can use firefox without
problems. (libcairo2 version 1.2.0-3, firefox 1.5.dfsg+1.5.0.4-2, kde
3.5.3-1 on Sid)

--
Regards,
          Florian