Re: Multi-tasking

El miércoles, 28 de junio de 2006 13:28, Frans Pop escribió:
> On Wednesday 28 June 2006 12:57, David Martínez Moreno wrote:
> > 	That is the most annoying KMail feature I have seen, and I find
> > unbelievable that KMail developers hadn't taken care of it yet. It
> > is...two years old? Three? And it makes KMail unuseable with a
> > spamassassin configured with DNS queries. :-(
>
> Do you happen to have a workaround that makes it a bit less annoying?

	I was thinking of it a lot in past times, and the only workaround was to
add -L to OPTIONS in /etc/default/spamassassin in order to make only local
checks, and even then, KMail is not truly asynchronous as it is while sending
mail, for example, so it effectively blocks the UI when checking.  Recent
KMails behaved a bit better, but they are not yet asynchronous.

	The other option that I considered, but haven't time to work in, was to
install mpop and spamc (and probably fetchmail) as a former step, and then
pull scanned mail from localhost.  But the real problem will be there, that
is, KMail freezing when reading from a pipe.

	The last option is learning some C++, Qt, and KDE internals, and get wet with
the code.

	Nothing that anybody couldn't reach with some hours of frustration and a fine
sense of stubbornness.  I hope my analysis helps you.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
Look at my fingers: four stones, four crates! Zero stones? ZERO CRATES!
		-- Zorg (The Fifth Element).