Re: Screen blanker activates after 5 minutes

Tirsdag 27 juni 2006 21:58 skrev Anders Ellenshøj Andersen:
> I am using Sid with Kde 3.5.3, on my Asus A6Q00Km laptop
>
> When I am watching a movie with kaffeine the screen goes blank after about
> five minutes and I can't seem to disable this behaviour. It is highly
> annoying.
>
> I have already checked that the no screen saver is activated in KControl.
>
> In Devices->Screen->Power, I have enabled power save, but disabled all
> three sliders.

Ahh... I found out where the problem was finally.

I am using KPowersave and it completely overrules the KControl power save
settings. (There could have been some kind of hint about this somewhere :) )

Solution is simple. Switch to presentation profile in the kpowersave applet.

Thanks for all your help guys. You really worked your butts off on this
one. :D

Anders

--
 - Debian GNU/Linux - KDE 3.5.2 - KMail 1.9.1 -