Re: kile 1.9 packaging

El Viernes, 23 de Junio de 2006 14:06, Szymon Janc escribió:
> Dnia piątek 23 czerwca 2006 10:23, Florian Kulzer napisał:
> > There is already a wishlist bug for this, 90 days old:

> > I think the problem is that the Debian-KDE team does not have enough
> > members for all the work they have to do. The maintainer of the Kile
> > package is responsible for many other packages as well:
> >
> > $ aptitude search '~mBen\sBurton' | wc -l
> > 182
>
> So how can one help without being Debian developer ?

You don't need to be a Debian Developer to maintain packages in the archive.
You can be maintainer of a package, and do all the stuff a DD does, except
for uploading it to the archive. This latest step, is done by a DD which
agreed to sponsor you, this is checking if the packaging is well done, and
upload it signed to the archive.

http://www.debian.org/doc/maint-guide/
http://people.debian.org/~mpalmer/debian-mentors_FAQ.html

--