Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

2006. június 23. 19:17,
Leonard Chatagnier <lenc5570@sbcglobal.net>
-> debian-kde@lists.debian.org,:
> Fathi Wrote:(Excuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request
> copying my email.)
>
> > a bit out of topic:
> >
> > x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players
> > conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer,
> > which are the recommended media players for kde.
> >
> > cheers,
> >
> > Fathi
>
> Thanks for the reply. Not getting anything from the users list as they are
> flaming over "how to reply to list"
> OK, I have all three packages listed above installed under Sid. As a matter
> of fact they have all been reinstalled with aptitude and everything
> mentioned in my post are still with me. got any ideas how I might get
> internet video files to play using Mozilla browser in kde. I have googled
> quite a bit and find no solution that works for me. Any help of any kind is
> most appreciated.
If you want to play video files embedded into Firefox or Mozilla (or
Netscape :) then you should try out the 'mplayerplug-in' [1] mozilla plugin.
If you don't need the embedding, then after downloading (even a wmv or ra
playlist file) you can play those with mplayer.

Daniel

[1] - http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/

--
LeVA