Re: Re: File Association Help-Application/octet Stream

Fathi Wrote:(Excuse the man reply, not subscribed and forgot to request copying
my email.)

a bit out of topic:

x-mplayer2.desktop is shipped now with kdelibs to avoid media players conflict. Previously, it is shipped with both kaffeine and kmplayer, which are the recommended media players for kde.

cheers,

Fathi

Thanks for the reply. Not getting anything from the users list as they are flaming over "how to reply to list" OK, I have all three packages listed above installed under Sid. As a matter of fact
they have all been reinstalled with aptitude and everything mentioned in my post are
still with me. got any ideas how I might get internet video files to play using Mozilla
browser in kde. I have googled quite a bit and find no solution that works for me. Any
help of any kind is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Leonard Chatagnier