aRts incompatibility with glib2

It looks like the incompatibility between aRts and libglib2.0 version 2.10 has
been fixed in the current Debian testing packages. However, when I build aRts
from the latest KDE sources, I still get the same error occurring in certain
circumstances:

***MEMORY-ERROR***: [16636]: GSlice: failed to allocate 248 bytes (alignment:
256): Invalid argument

I tried downloading the unstable source package for arts and building that
against my self-compiled KDE. But even that version still produces the error.

Evidently the fix must be known by now if the current Debian packages work.
Can anybody point to how to get round this problem when building from
standard KDE sources?

--
David Jarvie.