MPlayer Wont Work Under Sid-2.6.16-1-686

Yahoo video player wont play with a greyed out screen
coming up during the last stages of loading. A greyed
out screen appears with teal green double cross that
gives the following message upon clicking it: "This
application contains information of the
type(application/x-mplayer2) that can only be viewed
with the appropriate plug-in." The title bar above the
message is "X Default Plugin" My Moxilla about
plug-ins show that mime type "application/x-mplayer2"
is enabled with suffix *. I'm sure that I'm forgetting
something simple as mplayer has worked before under
sarge and testing with woody and 2.6.8 kernels. I just
can't run it down. Java is enabled under mozilla
preferences.  Would someone please help me fix this
issue as i'm about out of known options. Plz copy my
email address as I'm not subscribed. Thanks for any help

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net