Re: Mozilla Mplayer freezes On All Internet videos

--- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> Leonard Chatagnier wrote:
> >
> > --- Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> wrote:

> 2.6.16-1-686
> and
> > other
> > [snip]
> > An example website would be useful.
> >
> >> I used: http://mplayerplug-in.sourceforge.net/
> >> and went through the FAQs, install, configure and
> >> testing links on that page and did just about
> >> everything that was suggested. thanks for the
> reply.
> >> IIM, Mplayer was installed prior to the upgrade
> under
> >> sarge stable and did work fine.
>
> In other words: what website will not play video for
> you?

All the video news sites on my SBCYahoo DSL home page
which includes AP, Reuters, NPR, Market Watch. in
essence "all video links". If you want the URI's, here
are a few:
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Aj7JYEvFM_QBS3XQe0AxSBRkM3wV/SIG=11557tqaj/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/video/1057
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Alq2NNM1vax2LMpHN_OTfJxkM3wV/SIG=115291ec0/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/video/2529
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AqbkQZPY4Abu6adFX_lcWMVkM3wV/SIG=111rt11lk/**http%3a//news.yahoo.com/i/1055
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=AkOi9t8D3djaRE96Wc9zUwxkM3wV/SIG=12lidkb9r/**http%3a//www.marketwatch.com/tvradio/default.asp%3fsiteid=myyahoo%26dist=myyahooBB
http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylt=Apgwkj7ET0aw2HZQ0pCOMOlkM3wV/SIG=11brnk3ko/**http%3a//story.news.yahoo.com/video/2138
BTW, All these sites were played with Mozilla mplayer
under sarge. Hope this is what you are asking for.
- --
> Ron Johnson, Jr.
> Jefferson LA  USA
>
> Is "common sense" really valid?
> For example, it is "common sense" to white-power
> racists that
> whites are superior to blacks, and that those with
> brown skins
> are mud people.
> However, that "common sense" is obviously wrong.

Leonard Chatagnier
lenc5570@sbcglobal.net