Re: KDE on AMD64

El miércoles, 31 de mayo de 2006 09:20, Pierre Habouzit escribió:
> Le Mer 31 Mai 2006 08:19, Matthias Faulstich a écrit :
> > Hello everyone!
> >
> > I would like to install a 64bit version for AMD of testing/etch
> > debian with X/KDE.
> > On most mirror servers, I have tried yet, there was README with an
> > entry like
> >
> > amd64 is now available on ftp.debian.org
> >
> > Please use your nearest ftp.debian.org mirror now for the etch or
> > unstable version of the amd64 port of Debian. The sarge version
> > continues to be available
> > from amd64.debian.net and its mirrors until sarge is archived.
> >
> > This one I found on
> > ftp://ftp.de.debian.org/debian-amd64/debian/dists/etch
> > which IS my nearest ftp.debian.org mirror.
> >
> > My actual etch amd64 installation is from
> > http://sunsite.informatik.rwth-aachen.de/ftp/pub/Linux/debian/
> > but there is no X/KDE included.
> >
> > Does anyone know, where the complete amd64 etch/testing versions are
> > hosted actually?
>
> amd64 is in debian for real. you can use normal debian mirrors.

	No, you are wrong, Pierre.  Refrain from speaking so fast.  If he wants to
install KDE on amd64 *on etch* he will have to wait.

	Since some weeks, packages from the amd64 autobuilders are injected into
unstable, but you have no guarantee that they do the transition to testing
instantly.

	Currently X.Org packages in unstable are holding back the transition of
several things to testing/etch, KDE 3.5.3 among others.  Matthias, if you are
not in a hurry, you can wait some days to see if we are able to sort things
up and kick X.Org into sid.  If you are, you will have to install KDE from
AMD64 mirrors, currently 3.5.2 (not so much difference).  You will have X.Org
6.9, by the way (6.9.0.dfsg.1-6 for those who love exactness).

	I hope that it was useful.

	Best regards,

		Ender.
--
You idiots, you've captured their stunt doubles.
		-- Dark Helmet (Spaceballs).