Re: no sound after routine upgrade

A Dissabte 27 Maig 2006 23:16, Tim Folger va escriure:
> HI,
>
> I'm running sid with the 2.6.16 kernel and kde 3.5.2 on an HP laptop with
> an AC'97 sound card. Sound had been working perfectly, but this morning I
> did an aptitude update and upgrade and since then have lost all sound. I've
> run alsaconf, and get no error messages. But when I try to use kde's
> control center to start the sound system, I keep getting sigserv messages
> that the soundserver has crashed.

I've got the same problem with same kernel and KDE but with a Sony VAIO and
HDA-Intel sound card. It has worked perfectly until last upgrade.

I doesn't have any error message.

I keep getting hundreds of messages of error and I can't do anything.

>  I'd appreciate any advice.

Me too

Bye!
--