Re: New update, new fonts

* D. Michael 'Silvan' McIntyre <rosegarden.trumpeter@gmail.com> [2006 May 22 18:05 -0500]:
> On Monday 22 May 2006 4:32 am, Grégoire Druant wrote:
>
> > I have the same problem, and thanks for your solution, it works.
> >
> > But what's strange is that my wine fonts are bigger than before, whatever
> > the hinting style is set to.
> >
> > Does anybody have an idea ?
>
> Did it perhaps have something to do with the recent change in X that caused
> the window system to report the actual dpi of your display, instead of
> picking either 75x75 or 100x100?  That changed a lot of my font sizes in
> strange ways, because my real resolution is 83x82 or something like that, and
> I had had it at 100x100 before.
>
> Just a thought.

I was already using display size and on this 1280x1024 display the font
size is 95x95.  I found that when configuring the anti-aliasing in KDE
Control Center and resetting the Excluded Range did help.  I think it is
set to 8 to 15 pt and even though the selection is greyed out, checking
it and resetting the values to 1 to 6 restored AA on the smaller fonts I
encounter on the Web.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of