pmount/hal/usb issue

Hello,
I remember a discussion some time ago here about behaviour of KDE after
inserting e.g. USB stick. I cannot find it now and I'm not sure if this issue
is relevant, so don't bite me in case of redundant post.
Problem: I insert (plug) USB stick. Dialog box appears ("what to do"). I
choose "upload pictures to digikam" (yes, those were pictures in fact).
Then digikam cannot download the pictures. I go to /media and cannot see any
directories under it. Then I do "pmount /dev/sda1" and digikam is happy (yes,
previously it wanted to download pictures from the same, right location).
Which part of customization am I missing? What should I do - report a bug or
just set up something?

Regards,
Robert

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/