Re: Konsole crashes on exit

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 11:10, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> Tim Ruehsen wrote:
> >>Qt: 3.3.6
> >>KDE: 3.5.2
> >>Konsole: 1.6.2
> >>
> >>and each time I reboot or shutdown, when exiting KDE I get an error
> >>saying that Konsole crashed...  any clue please?
> >
> > Not a clue, sorry.
> > Just saying the same happens here with the same versions.
>
> as we usually say: "Mal comune mezzo gaudio" (A trouble shared is a
> trouble halved) :-)
>
> actually that happens only on my laptop, not on my desktop...
>
> --

This happens to me as well and my solution for fixing it is rather inelegant.
I just purged konsole and reinstalled it.  I am running unstable's kde, so
the act of purging konsole brought in testing's version of konsole.  I still
got the crash on exit, so I just purged all of kde and reinstalled it and the
crashes went away.  I detest this sort of solution, but it was the easiest
way to fix this annoying problem.

John