kde's keyboard icon

Hi,

I'm running KDE 3.5.1 on a Debian Etch 2.6.15-i686 box. I have configured
two keyboards and get the normal flag icon on the right-hand side of the
panel on the bottom of the screen. However, for reasons that appear to be
random, about 1 time in 20 the flag-keyboard icon appears in the extreme
upper-left-hand corner of the screen. I am not complaining. I find this
brilliant. It also has an "always on top" attribute that means that if I'm
using, say, a full-screen wordprocessor I can easily change my keyboard. I
use the "hide" feature on the lower panel. What I'd like to know is that is
this feature/bug configurable? Can I get the flag to always be in the
upper-left-hand corner? I haven't found anything in the normal
configuration options that allows me to do that. I notice that whenever I
end a KDE session as the screen goes blank the icon briefly appears in that
position (upper left hand). It's a strange situation but a wonderful KDE
feature if I could get it to work that way all the time.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jonathan