Re: Knode, mbox, Kmail

Derek Broughton wrote:
> I'm not sure why you're committed to mbox - especially since you talk
> about IMAP.

Well, i am accustomed to mbox; moreover sometimes it happens to check mail
folders without the imap server (i am using dovecot)

> It is not safe to have multiple programs processing an mbox file.

Do you mean that concurrent access is not managed properly by the imap
server?

>> As an alternative solution, would it be safe to symbolic-link folders
>> shared by kmail and thunderbird (through the imap server)
>> to   .kde/share/apps/knode/folders ?
> Definitely not if they're mbox.

So are you suggesting to switch to maildir?

>>> I really doubt that.
> Interestingly, yes.  I just copied a newsgroup message into my IMAP inbox,
> and opened it with KMail.  No problem.  So, you certainly could manually
> copy messages to a KNode local folder - which is mbox - then either read
> that file into KMail or move it directly to an IMAP server that handles
> mbox files (dovecot does, I'm told).

So, shouldn't be the same as linking an mbox file handled by dovecot to the
knode local folder?

thank you
--pol