Re: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15

Sorry, I missed the WindowMaker bit...
1- This has been mentioned before: Is your arts autosuspending after
XX seconds (I set it to one second)
2- If you have Kmix set to autostart (Or, I suppose if you are saving
the session), check to see if you have 'Restore volumes at Login' set.
If so it might be restoring the 'bad' settings. (I had this happen as
well, in my guest account). That would make sense, if "alsactl
restore" was giving you sound back... (or unmuting channels in
alsamixer was doing the same to only have the settings lost)