Re: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15

On Wednesday 22 February 2006 09:22, Michael Thaler wrote:
> On Wednesday 22 February 2006 17:50, Pierre Habouzit wrote:
> > are you using testing ? if yes, then try to use a 2.6.15 kernel with the
> > last udev from unstable.
>
> I use Debian SID. Do I need udev? Because I don't need it so far. (By the
> way, on Ubuntu sound works fine with Kernel 2.6.15, too, but I think Ubuntu
> uses udev)

Even if you don't do it to solve your sound problem, udev and (on desktops,
additionally) hald are great convenience packages that makes dealing with
devices and removable media on Linux far simpler in most cases (and in KDE,
more MacOS-like if you have device icons on your desktop turned on).  Just
don't forget to purge zeroconf if you see it and *like* being online.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber