RE: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15

From: Michael Thaler <michael.thaler@physik.tu-muenchen.de>
To: debian-kde@lists.debian.org
Subject: Sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.15
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 17:46:52 +0100

Hello,

my sound stopped working with kernels > 2.6.12. Everything is fine with
kernels <= 2.6.12.

I am using alsa. The modules are loaded properly:

On my Debian sid install I experienced the same problem with 2.6.14 kernel, with both KDE 3.4 and 3.5. Running 'alsactl restore' would enable sound after starting KDE ... however on several occasions after system upgrades I needed to delete /var/lib/alsa/asound.state, then run 'alsaconf' and 'alsactl store'.

With 2.6.15 kernel, I have no such problems.