Re: kmail - phrases - bugs?

Friday, 17 February 2006 01:03, Robert Gomułka wrote:
> Dnia Thursday 16 February 2006 07:57, Alex Nordstrom napisał:
> > 1) Selecting dictionaries in the composer window should affect the
> > set of phrases used.
>
> Well, actually I have thought of something simplier, as choosing
> language based on some headers in original message, for example. My
> bet was Content-type-encoding, but now I can see it is not enough.
> Any language can have many encodings and many languages can have
> common encoding :\ So the point is how can I customize my phrases in
> answer basing on original message. Using dictionary for that purpose
> ... Well ... I don't use dictionary in fact. And even if I do, I will
> have to chose any manually, which does not look good to me.

As you have found, language is neither explicitly nor implicitly encoded
in the headers. Automatically determining the language in which a given
paragraph of text is written should be relatively trivial, but requires
having dictionaries of candidate languages available to the algorithm.

I hadn't thought of it, but while we're on the topic of making wishes,
for those of us who do use a dictionary, having it automatically
selected would of course be nice too (and much more desirable than the
current behaviour of "your spelling is so bad I am just going to give
up on trying to correct you").

--
Alex Nordstrom
http://lx.n3.net/