Re: kwallet not accessible after dbus restart

Le Lun 13 Février 2006 20:48, Sylvain Joyeux a écrit :
> > dbus restart sometimes kills kded, and kded is one of the main
> > daemon of the kde session. You have to log out and in kde again,
> > there is no other mean.
>
> You can restart kded in a konsole without relogging (just start
> 'kded' in a shell). You may want to restart khotkeys too (this one
> does the mouse gesture and the global accel keys)

it's sometimes not enough.

you have mostly to restart all the KDE processes. Maybe it has changed
in KDE 3.5, but in KDE 3.4, when I had kded problems, and I restart it
manually, then kwallet, khotkeys, kmilo, and a couple other processes
have to be restarted too, like you said.

but it's not enough, because every konqueror, kmail, kio_slaves that
uses kwallet have to be restarted too. And then, since I have my
adressbook in a "groupware" imap storage, quitting kmail makes kopete
fail. It's just hell.

well, in two words like in 10, it sucks. It's easier to log out and in
again, than to try to fix your session, and forgot one thing, that let
you with a broken application, and no idea on how to fix it correctly.
--
·O·  Pierre Habouzit