KDE and Hardware detection

Hello,
I am on debian etch, and sunday i migrate to Kde 3.51, before i was in Kde
3.42.
My linux kernel is 2.6.12.
 In Kde 3.42 the Hardware detection were assumed by udev with udev rules ,
pmount and Hal and gnome-volume-manager with rules defined into
gnome-volume-properties and all worked fine.
If i put my USB Key and my picture Camera they are mounted on define file
storage. (Rules udev+ fstab).
I i put an DVD in my dvd reader it's open xine to read the DVD.
First time when i upgrade to Kde 3.51 Hal and gnome-volume-manager where
removed by the upgrade. In second time I reinstall gnome-volume-manager and
Hal.
Now if i put my USB Key a beautiful windows is open with choice : 1) open an
new windows 2) nothing.  If I   answer 1, an empty new window is open  and i
can't see anything there is no information on my USB key, i must open an new
windows with konkeror to go to the right  file storage. If i choice 2 , i
can't see nothing anywhere.
Same event with my picture camera.
When i put an DVD in the dvd reader, i don't succeed to  program in the
control center to launch xine to read the dvd.
My question is is there any documentation or Howto on how to program the
control center--> Peripherals>Storage Media to do what i want ?
Second Question if it is too difficult for me, how to prevent the action of
Kde on Hardware detection ?
Sorry for my poor english.
Thank you for any help.
Philippe MERLIN
ps : I  have deinstalled gnome-volume-manager with no more success.
When i program an event with the control center, i often have an error