Re: today's testing upgrade is incomplete

Am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 18:59 schrieb Robert Gomułka:
> Have you asked other people if they were suffering similar problems then?

Probably.

> If so, have you reported a bug?

IIRC, this is a know issue.

> Have you done anything to debug the issue
> (creating new user and doing an upgrade also on his account; deleting .kde
> folder then letting applications create appropriate folders before upgrade;
> other things which I cannot think at the moment about)?

This would be useless as the goal is to _keep_ the toolbars! They are reset to
some default on every major upgrade.

> Personally I cannot remember any similar problems to yours (SID, KDE 3.5.1,
> being upgraded continuosly since KDE 2.x).

Me too and this occurs every time. A complete reinstallation at one time (for
other reasons) did not resolve this.
There are bugs that upstream does not really care about or sees this as
intentional (I have a few at hand).
This behaviour probably has its pros (although I fail to see them).

HS