How to create keyboard shortcuts in KDE?

Hello,
could you tell me how to create keyboard shortcuts in KDE and whether they
work or not?
I wanted to create some shortcuts for inserting commonly used text.
I went to control center, regional settings and accessibility, keyboard
actions/shortcuts (rough translation, I use localized version).
I added new action, set its type as keyboard shortcut -> keyboard input, then
defined shortcut as alt-b (alt-ctrl-b for the second try), then in last tab I
entered my text, which I wanted to be sent to an application. I tried to
choose all three choices in send input to radio button group. And eventually
(after clicking all the apply buttons) nothing has been sent to any of tried
applications (konsole, kate, kbabel).
Have I done anything wrong? Or is this common KDE bug?
I would appreciate any opinions.
By the way, when I defined action as shortcut -> command/url, it surprisingly
worked :\

Best regards,
Robert

W polskim Internecie s? setki milion?w stron. My przekazujemy Tobie tylko najlepsze z nich!
http://katalog.panoramainternetu.pl/