Re: Tellico

On Saturday 04 February 2006 21:47, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> Fred wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm using tellico 1.0.3 - SVN rev. 327 with KDE 3.5.0 (debian unstable).
> > I'm currently having some troubles when importing Audio CD Data.
> > If I import data for two CD's consequently, the second one is getting
> > blocked inside the drive. I can't eject it.
> > I checked with fuser which processes are blocking the drive. Only tellico
> > has a reference to it. I have to restart tellico to get my cd out of the
> > drive.
> >
> > I would like to know if someone has the same issue or if someone has an
> > idea of what could be wrong. I already contacted the tellico developper
> > but he didn't manage to reproduce my problem.
> >
> > Probably something changed in libkcddb that drives to this situation ? I
> > don't know. Any ideas are welcome :o)
>
> I do not use tellico, but I have similar problems with KAudioCreator. I,
> too, was never successful with fuser, but I have found that
> lsof -w | grep "/media/hdc"
> is more helpful to find the responsible process.
> (Replace "/media/hdc" if you use a different mount point for your CD
> drive.)
> In my case it turned out that it is always an instance of kio_audio
> which blocks the drive, so now I just use "pkill kio_audio" when the
> drive gets blocked. This does not interfere with the KAudioCreator main
> process. Maybe something like this also works for tellico.

Yes, indeed, at the beginning, there were 2 processes: kio_audio and tellico.
But I changed my config and only tellico process is locking the drive now.
But ok, recently, tellico developpers found a potential bug in the code which
is now corrected in the svn tree :) I will test it and see if everything is
ok now :)

Thanx for your support !

Fred.