Re: Control key problem

Em Terça 27 Dezembro 2005 21:36, o David Pastern escreveu:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 07:33 +1100, Halestino Pimentel wrote:
> > All options are disabled and the problem still persists.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Halestino
>
> Out of curiousity, does the problem persist:
>
> 1.  If you boot into single user mode (ie. no X)?

No. In tty1 to tty6 there isn't any problem.

> 2.  If you plug in an external keyboard?

I can't test that option 'cause I don't have any external keyboard with me.
Perhaps only after tomorrow.

> My guess is it's an X issue, try doing a dpkg-reconfigure whilst in
> single user mode on these packages:
>
> x11-common
> xserver-xorg
> xserver-common

I reconfigured all packages and changing some options but the problem
persists :-(

> Does the problem persist in other desktop environments, ie. Gnome, XFCE
> etc?

No. Just in KDE. In Gnome, the key behaves just fine.

> That's about all I can honestly think of trying/checking, hopefully it
> sheds some more light on the problem.

All contributions help. Thanks.

> Dave

One more strange discovery:
- when I'm editing some text, if I want to jump between words (using
CRTL_right + left (or right) cursor key) the cursor stays in the same place
blinking (ab)normally.
If I use the Shift key with left (or right) cursor key selecting some text and
start pressing the CONTROL-left key I begin to select word by word, which is
normal. Unpressing the shift key, but still pressing CONTROL_left and left
(or right) cursor key, the CONTROL_left key behaves normally making the
cursor jump to the beginning of the next word which is the expected behavior.
If I release the CONTROL_left key, and press it again, the cursor stays still
again :-(
Seems like the Shift key is responsible for "unblocking" the CONTROL_left key.
Is there any bad configuration in Control Center that I could have made?

Halestino