Re: KDE 3.5.0 final packages now on alioth
I have another box with 3.4.3 that I can update, and I will perhaps (!)
have the kmail/kontact crashes with the imap account. But I cannot predict
of course, so:
Before doing the upgrade, what correct action can I take to help you, in case this is
an unreported bug? I plan to:
- keep a copy of my complete old .kde/share/apps/kmail/imap (let's say imap343.tar)
- do the upgrade
- if kmail/kontact crashes then:
- keep copy of the backtrace(s) [I remember having two different backtraces on the
- keep copy of the new .kde/share/apps/kmail/imap (let's say imap350crash.tar)
- delete my current ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap
- Restart kmail/kontact, so that it will regenerate my imap folder,
and verify that there is no more any crash - tarball it to imap350ok.tar
- redelete my current ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap
- copy back again imap343.tar to ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap
- verify it is reproducible
- fill a bug report with links on the web for imap*.tar
- if it does not crash, mince alors...
Does it sound reasonable?
My problem is that it is not clear from bugs.kde.org if the crashes issues we have with
kontact/kmail starting on an 3.4.3's imap are reported.
Thanks, Cheers, JD.
PS: Why, in the backtrace, do I see often lines with no symbol? A missing debug-lib?
On Sunday 11 December 2005 12:02, Gunter Ohrner wrote:
GO > kMail crashed immediately when trying to fetch new mail from my imap server
GO > until i deleted it's folder indizes from ~/.kde/share/apps/kmail/imap.