Re: c++ allocator transition status

On Thursday 08 December 2005 11:24, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 8. Dezember 2005 13:35 schrieb EmIscA:
> > Today I tried to simulate a dist-upgrade (on sid) with synaptic. These
> > are the packages (depending on my package selection) that seem to
> > require the transition:
> >
> > - digikam
> > - kipi-plugins (related to digikam)
> > - inkscape (conflicts with aptitude, I think for some dependences)
> > - kile-i18n (kile is updated)
> > - kompose (transitioned in amd64, I think others will follow)
> > - lyx-qt (depends on libaiksaurus1.2-0 and not libaiksaurus1.2-0c2a,
> > bug filled)
> > - pingus-data (pingus is updated, but not pingus-data)
> >
> > This list is only to give a little overview of the transition status.
> > Bye
>
> I find it worse that ftp-master messes around in testing like hell :-(
> WHY did they remove kaffeine from testing when it's only available for
> c2a in SID?
> Same goes for konq-plugins! Anybody knows what's going on, here?
> ftp-master gone nuts?

No, it is that some packages were removed from testing during the last
transition, as their transitioned versions were not ready to move from
unstable to testing, and would therefore either have blocked the whole
transition, or been uninstallable. So instead, they were removed, and will
stay out of testing until the package version in unstable is sufficiently
bug-free to move back into testing, and has all its dependencies satisfied,
built on all architectures, etc.

Since another transition has now started, again blocking packages from
moving from unstable to testing, it probably won't be until after the
current transition is over that testing will be more or less complete
again.

Cheers,
Christopher Martin