Re: KDE 3.5 - how did you install it?

Dnia poniedziałek, 5 grudnia 2005 22:21, Christian Schuerer napisał:

> how did you manage do install the kde 3.5 packages? If I try to install
> them, aptitude will remove ALL kde due to missing dependencies.

First do upgrade from 3.4.2/oldsid to 3.5.0/alioth - this will remove
kdepim packages and not-yet-transitioned KDE stuff. I used apt-get
instead of aptitude (it 'looped' on resolving deps). Then get kdepim
3.4.3 from 'sid' (or incoming.debian.org if it won't be in sid). On
incoming.debian.org (or in 'sid' during few next days) you will find some
of already transitioned kde stuff.

This way I got 3.5.0/alioth with kdepim 3.4.3/sid on my work machine. If
it will work OK then I will upgrade home machine.

> And if I manage to get some kde-base packages from 3.5 selected, it
> will remove all my kdepim packages (for which now 3.5-packages exist) -

Where does kdepim 3.5.0 packages exist?

--
JID: hrw-jabber.org
Palmtop: Sharp Zaurus C760

      A city is a large community where people are lonesome together.
      		-- Herbert Prochnow