Help me to remove a package

One of the secondary packages from a Firefox install is hosing all attempts to
upgrade my Kubuntu system.  Attempts to dpkg --force-all remove it are
unsuccessful.  Advice will be most appreciated.

root@kubuntu:~# aptitude
Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
(Reading database ... 105506 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mozilla-firefox-locale-it ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-firefox-locale-it.postrm: line 12:
update-mozilla-firefox-chrome: command not found
dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-locale-it (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 mozilla-firefox-locale-it
A package failed to install.  Trying to recover:
Press return to continue.

root@kubuntu:~# dpkg --purge --force-all mozilla-firefox-locale-it
(Reading database ... 105506 files and directories currently installed.)
Removing mozilla-firefox-locale-it ...
/var/lib/dpkg/info/mozilla-firefox-locale-it.postrm: line 12:
update-mozilla-firefox-chrome: command not found
dpkg: error processing mozilla-firefox-locale-it (--purge):
 subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 127
 mozilla-firefox-locale-it

Thanks, Bob
--
You mentioned your name as if I should recognize it, but beyond the
obvious facts that you are a bachelor, a solicitor, a freemason, and