Killfile with knode

Hello,

I've some rather annoying problem with knode on my sarge box. I'm following
some rather polluted newsgroups and I'm trying to filter some junk. So far so
good. I'm able to value posts by CTRL+L, and I'm able to remove posts
selected by a given value.
However, I'm not able to filter threads. By that, I'm getting all these, don't
feed trolls, you are some mindless jerk, etc. mails, as replies to filtered
mail.
Thus I read through the docs and found out, that I can filter whole threads
instead of single posts, by modifying my filter and I did so.
But for some reason I don't understand, filtering whole threads doesn't work.
No single disappears, when I active the filter - even mails filtered before
are still there.
What did I do wrong?
Thanks in advance

Keep smiling