Re: all my fonts go away.

Well, I have fixed my problem, but I don't understand exactly why
I have.  I decided that I really needed to get libfontcong regenerated.
so I made a /usr/lib/fontconfigs and moved the /usr/lib/*fontc* there,
so that I could move them back if I couldn't get things to biuld.

And -- dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig  did not regenerate the package.
But the perplexing thing is that when I happened to reboot, all the
problems went away.  So it seems that as long as I don't _have_
a libfontconfig, then all is well.

Does anybody understand this?  Does anybody know why this works, so
I can figure out what it is that I need to do next to really fix the
problem?

Laura