Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

On Sunday 09 October 2005 17:23, Frans Pop wrote:
> There have been extensive threads on this subject on d-devel. Suggest
> people interested in udev/hotplug/coldplug read up on those.

+5 informative.

I guess the main point is the udev is still and will be as far as the
forseeable future goes, a highly moving target.

Also the udev faqs and other user-targeted information in the hotplug folder
at kernel.org seems to be effectively outdated and can no longer be relied
upon.

And how KDE will deal with the changes seems even harder to tell since there
is no way to tell where udev is going in the future..

Anders

--
 - Debian/Unstable - KDE 3.4.2 - KMail 1.8.2 -