Re: Hotplug, udev, hal, etc.

<veröffentlicht & per Mail versendet>

jjluza wrote:

> Udev without hotplug works well here with kernel 2.6.13.

Read again! 2.6.13 is greater than 2.6.12, so you completely missed the
point!

> All things keep on working very well : sound, nvidia, tv, cpufreq, usbkey
> and others ... So, what the problem is ? Before hitting the maintainer,
> you should give it a try first, shouldn't you ?

"works here" never was a good argument. Did you try with linux-2.4.30 and
linux-2.6.11 parallel-booting with linux-2.6.13?

Additonally, why do you carry this to another list? At least you should ask
if the others involved persons do read the other list!
Additionally, your quoting style is called TOFU (text above, fullquote
below).

I stay with my opinion that the current udev package is an unacceptable
drawback regarding compatibility because having both installed shouldn't be
that hard to do: use hotplug for 2.4.xx and ask the admin what to do for
2.6.xx.

HS