Re: Question on konsole

Don't do it!

I just dist-upgraded my deb-sid from xfree4 KDE 3.4.(alioth) to the new
x.org KDE 3.4.2 in normal sid and now the UTF-8 support in Konsole is
broken. Even when choosing unicode-font nothing is displayed correctly.

If using irssi in konsole (which worked beforehand), no special
characters are displayed. I changed to all sorts of fonts, set the
encoding manually, did a dpkg-reconfigure locales did a
dpkg-reconfigure fontconfig to no avail.

One indication might be that it does not find the console-font anymore.
It said something like -misc-blabla iso10646

if started in xterm, it did the same kind of wrong encoding. So I'm
further enquiring..

Best,

Rigo

Am Wednesday 05 October 2005 20:11 verlautbarte Bob Alexander :