Re: Koffice progress on C++ ABI transition AGAIN

On Monday 03 October 2005 02:20, David Pastern wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 09:45 +1000, Alan Chandler wrote:
> > It was a week ago that I asked about the progress of Koffice through the
> > C++ ABI transition.  Despite a couple of replies about potentially other
> > sources of the packages, and a "grave" bug report about it being filed,
> > no-one seems to know whats happened to the official packages.
> >
> > A similar mail to the development list just went un-answered.
> >
> > Is there anyone out there that knows what is happening - and how much
> > longer it will take to finish
>
> I'm pretty sure that the answer will be "when it's ready".  Sometimes,
> Debian does really move at the pace of a dead snail nailed to the
> floor.

Ben Burton, the maintainer of the KOffice package is, according to

apt-cache pkgnames | xargs apt-cache show | grep "Maintainer: Ben Burton" |
wc -l

maintainer of 143 packages (and that's just unstable).

I think everyone who upgraded unstable while the ABI transition wasn't
completed yet, knew that some packages would come in later.

One of the packagers, I think Adeodato Simó, posted that they will announce
the transitions completion for those who want to stay on the save side.

Cheers,
Kevin